The African-Hungarian Union (AHU) is an international NGDO (Non-governmental development organization). AHU has been organizing development projects for marginalized social groups in ten countries of Africa so far: Angola, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Madagascar, Mali, Mauritania, Morocco, Uganda. It is believed in that what happens in Africa in the global context of our days has a direct effect on our lives thus problems and successes of Africa must be our concern as well.
Some of our projects
- Volunteer medical missions: Democratic Republic of the Congo, Guinea, Madagascar, Mali
- Support programme for schools and children centers: Ethiopia, Madagascar, Mali
- Budapest-Bamako Rally: Organisation of the Humanitarian Program
- Saharun Adventure: Organisation of the Humanitarian Program
- Awareness rising: Afrimage Movie Club, photo exhibitions, lectures, cultural events in various topics at various places
- Business Class, FM 105.9 Gazdasági Rádió, Tuesdays at 3:30 p.m.- 4 p.m.
- Kossuth Rádió, FM 107.8 Saturdays 7:20 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- www.poptarisznya.hu online radio program, Fridays 10 a.m.-11a.m.
- hírTV – Külpolitikai percek
- www.afriport.hu – African news site
- AHU, AfriPORT newsletters
Other references and projects supported by AHU
- Publications: A háború gyermekei (book), Afrika ma (book), Afrika tanulmányok (magazine)
- Africa Day – Formal Africa meeting (2007-2012)
- Africa Summit (Informal Africa-tmeeting and conference) 2006-2012
- Support of the Inter'AFC soccer team
- Torday-Congo Project, Angola-Congo - Magyar László Expedition